Consumer Law, Warranties writing a new caregiver agency contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

draft34

Myself and 2 friends of mine (Mitch and Meridith) want to start a new caregiver agency. Meridith and I are currently working for a caregiver agency. We've both signed agreements when we hired in that prevent us from soliciting our own clients while we are employed, and for a 6 month period after we quit our current employer or suffer legal consequences. We can however work for additional caregiver agencies. Mitch is not affiliated with the caregiver industry at all. What I want to do is set up a caregiver agency with Mitch as the sole owner. Meridith and I would work for Mitch building our company while keeping our current jobs. Meridith and I will leave our current agency when our new agency can sustain us. After 6 months Mitch would include Meridith and I as 1/3 owners. Would a contract like that be legal? Would it keep Meridith and I safe from our current caregiver company from seeking damages if they were to find out what we are doing? We have no plans on targeting our current employers clients.

Consult with an attorney to set up this contract correctly. There may be some state laws specific to caregiving agencies that will probably apply to the type of contract you want to set up. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back