International Issue Writing a letter for a Canadian applying for Permanent Residency in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfal

this may be a weird question and im not sure if im posting it in the correct forum...but..

from Nov 2005- June 2006 I had an australian living in my home, paying rent. His girlfriend who is Canadian lived there for part of that time as well.
They both have travelled back to Australia and his girlfriend is now applying for permanent residency in Australia. She has asked me to write a letter or send receipts stating that she lived in my home the full 8 months and payed rent. (apparently this is required for her application). My concerns are that I did not claim that money on my income tax, and im told its considered extra income.

My question is: Does the Australian Immigration check with the Canadian Government or anything like that to see if these Receipts or letter is legit. Should I have any concerns about this getting back to my taxes and me being penalized for not claiming that extra income? or am I being totally paranoid.

Any ideas on this will be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks.

This is not legal advice!

am I being totally paranoid.

Well personally I think you are, they are proberbly just trying to get her to justify where she was staying. To me it dose not seem that much of a problem after all why would they be bothered about you, your not asking to stay in there country?

I am sure your taxes have no interest to the Australian Goverment but this is food for thought, sometimes it pays to be honest because things may come back to bite you in the long run.

Take care and thanks for dropping by.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back