Writ on my bank acct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petals26

Hi,

I was out to dinner last night when my debit card was declined only to find out that there was a writ placed on my bank acct. I was a defendant in small claims and was ordered to pay $5k. I didn't have the money so thats why the writ was executed. They took $3k from my acct. which was child support money. I do have another acct. with another bank, can they take that too and what are the timelines beween ordering another writ. I have a deposit going into the same acct. where they took money. I contacted them and requested a payment plan, but have not heard back yet. It was for delinquent HOA fees. They said they would have to bring it up with the board. Help! Suggestions?

Thank-you!!

If you have a judgement against you, then they can pull the money from any account you have, as long as they can find it. The only way to shield the money would be to A) have a family member or VERY WELL TRUSTED friend open an account in their name. Then cash you check and deposit it there. The down sides are that the other party is going to have to write checks for you, and in order to have a debit card in your name, you will need to get one of those prepaid cards. The other down side is that if the other party screws you, you are out of luck.

Option B is to simply cash your paycheck, and use money orders (or the prepaid debit card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back