1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Writ of possiession on home

Discussion in 'Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by kimiekoo, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimiekoo

kimiekoo Law Topic Starter New Member

I answered a writ of possession in the magistrate court for me to be removed from my property. I went to court today and the judge gave me 7 days to vacate my property. I appealed to the superior court as I felt it was unfair for them to foreclose on my property. Since I appealed, will this give me more time in my home. What happens after the appeal. Will the process of the writ once again or can they still remove me from my home.

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

I'm not certain if it is automatic with an appeal, but you might have to ask for the judge's order to be stayed pending the appeal. The court should be able to answer that for you.

You will need a pretty convincing argument to turn things around. You will be best off if you are packed up and prepared to leave as ordered just in case.

3. Gail_in_Georgia

Gail_in_Georgia Moderator

Is this a foreclosure or a dispossessory (i.e., Georgia's version of eviction) that took place?

Gail