writ of garnishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginia7987

I had a judgment filed against me by a creditor. They filed a writ of garnishment against me. How I found out was by a letter from my employer stating my wages will be garnished by the creditor. That is the first time I knew it was coming. The attorney for the creditor sent me the writ four days after I received information from my employer. I was never served with this writ and never got a chance to respond, object, or file a motion to stop the writ. What are my legal options. Can I get this stopped because I didn't get served? Do I have to file an objection or motion or is it too late or do I need to talk to the judge. I need to do something because I can't afford to have my wages garnished because of all the bills I have at this time. I am falling behind on bills now due to the garnishment. The garnishment started ten days after I received the writ from my employer. for background purposes, I am currently working with a debt relief agency to solve my debt problems. I live in Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back