Would like to remove my cosigner from apt.lease

Diane truskey

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
My daughter found and apt. They said she needed a co signer and her aunt is going to be her co signer
I can afford to take care of the rent and everything else included in my lease! I am a pretty independent person and would like to have my aunt removed from the lease the property management company mentioned that can be done! How does she go about doing that

I imagine that YOU will have to go to the management office and fill out the same application form that your daughter and her aunt filled out, have the background and credit check done and then, upon your approval, the management will allow you and your daughter to sign a new lease for the two of you that replaces the old one and relieves her aunt of any future obligation.

why does this post sound like it was written by two different people and changes perspective 2 times (mother/daughter/mother)?

Like others said, the daughter should speak with the leasing agent/apt manager and will probably have to provide enough proof of income that she doesn't need a cosigner

Back