would like to know rights for loan falling through due to negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes4

I am into my 8th week of buying a house process with one closing extension already. I am trying to buy a single wide mobile home with an addition which my loan officer said would be next to impossible, but if the addition passes an FHA inspection, then we can proceed. On April 8, the addition was inspected and while we were waiting for the report to come in, the loan officer emailed me on April 12 a list of items I would need for the loan. One of the items was showing proof that the mobile home has never moved. I emailed my real estate agent to get this information and that was the last time this item came up until now. Now that the mobile home passed the FHA addition inspection and the sellers had to have the old foundation removed because it only qualified for a conventional loan which is no longer an option on single wides. The sellers spent $3000 to have an FHA approved foundation put in and the mobile home passed the FHA appraisal and a regular home inspection. During the last 8 weeks, my loan officer never asked again about the proof of the mobile home not moving but was asking me about the status of other items on the list. Yes, I take some responsiblity of forgetting to follow up with my real estate agent if she got the proof. I do feel in some way all 3 of us dropped the ball, but my primary issue is with the loan officer because this one item is the most important item to pass FHA requirements and no inspections, gathering of financial information, etc should have taken place until this one item was resolved because had I found out on April 12 from the sellers that the house did move a total of 2 times, that would have ended the deal right then and there. Now I can't get the $8000 tax credit because it is past the deadline, but I could have found another house in April if this proof of moving issue was addressed then instead of arising on the eleventh hour after thousands of dollars have been spent already. I am wondering if I have any rights. I know it would be considered total negligence if she didn't inform me at least once, but I am still wondering if I have some rights since it was not handled correctly. I am worried the sellers are going to come after me to get reinbursed for all the money they put into the mobile home to get it FHA qualified which it never would have qualified to begin with if they had to provide proof of it not moving first. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back