Worried about Civil Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiCrazygirl

:(
I received a summons on Dec. 15, 2007 in regards to a complaint against my father and I regarding a car accident that happened in 2005. I complied with he summons and filed an answer as of Jan 2, 2008 with my new address clearly stated on the answer that was the last thing I heard regarding the case. The issues of the case are as follows. In 2005 my father took my car late at night with his girlfriend while I was sleeping without my permission. I awoke around 1 am to a police office knocking on my bedroom door. I then fallowed me outside where he informed me that my front door was open and that my father and his girlfriend had been involved in a car accident in my car. He asked me if I was aware that my father had my car and I told him that I was unaware of the situation. He dropped my father girlfriend at my house and left. My father supposedly crashed into a wall of a house or around a house totaling my car in Dade County. He was arrested and has since perished as well as his girlfriend. I am now being sued by the Insurance Company for the damages to the house. I do not believe I am any fault for this case, and am not sure how to proceed. How long do I have to wait to find out if the case is going to move forward or it will be dropped? I went online to the county Clerk and they show that they received my answer and then in March 2008 there if a Notice of service of requested produce, a Notice of service of Plaintiff's request for admissions and a Notice of interrogatory; however I have never seen these papers and don not know if they are directed to me or if I have to comply within a certain date??? As I mentioned earlier I did advise them of my new address therefore if they were for me I should have received them. Should I pay the county Clerks office for a copy of this paper work? Do you think I have good chances of defeating this claim against me?
Need your help if only for a little direction.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back