Work done and wont pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

painnbt

i recently did some work for a lady who has been friends with my stepfather for some time seeing how i needed the money and she was friends with him i did this CHEEP. i wrote a contract to tear off 1 layer of shingles on her roof and replace them aprox 30sq
after starting the work i had to call her as she had extinsive damage to the decking on the roof (1 x 8) she told to go ahead and replace the decking with OSB sheeting. i let her know this would cost more because of the fact of the added labor, dumpster and sheeting. She agreed to pay for the sheeting and told me to bill her for the labor and dumpster when the job was done. After compleating the work i billed her for the labor the ammount of the dumpster and the remainder of the contract comming to about 2200.00 she told me she would pay me 200.00 take it or leave it .... i was shocked .. now after speaking with some people they told me to place a lien on her house... what should i do and how should i do this

You can't place a lien on her house until you go to court and get a judgement against her.

Take her to small claims court...but find out what the maximum limit is and hopefully it will be enough to cover what she owes; then, if you win and she she doesn't pay you can try and put a lien on her house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back