Work crew

Gettinit85

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My probation was revoked for the 3rd time, I had 18 months on a misdemeanor possession charge. My probation was ended because I plead guilty to violation and terminated probation and got 5 days of work crew. I wasn't able to get there and they put a warrant out on the paperwork it says 5 days straight time (which I knew I would get instead) but it also says I need to do 24 hours of useful public service. There is also something that says assessed $ 1,454. What does that mean? Is it possible to serve my time in a diffent county jail? Like the county I live in? Thank you.

Do you think the judge adjudicating your case cares what an Internet dummy, that would be me, has to say about your sentence?

No, the answer is NO.

I suggest you ask your lawyer, your probation officer, or the judge.

Your inability to do what you agreed to do is not going to allow you to avoid doing every day of your probation.

You'll be incarcerated soon, to make sure you complete your sentence.

I suggest you consult your lawyer, or hire a lawyer to assist you.

The Internet is of no value in extricating you from this predicament.

Let me get this straight: First, you committed some crime. You were fortunate enough to get probation, but you got it revoked not once, not twice, but three times. And then, we you were fortunate enough to be allowed to do something called "work crew," in lieu of being tossed in jail or prison, you weren't "able to get there"?!?! Sigh...

it says 5 days straight time (which I knew I would get instead) but it also says I need to do 24 hours of useful public service.

What is "it"?

There is also something that says assessed $ 1,454.

And what would this "something" be?

What does that mean?

Well...I doubt the "something" to which you refers simply says "assessed $1,454" and nothing else. You've read it. We haven't, so if you want someone to offer an opinion, you're going to need to provide the relevant information (which may include quoting documents). That said, my guess is that you're going to need to pay the amount mentioned for court costs, administrative fees, etc.

Is it possible to serve my time in a diffent county jail? Like the county I live in?

Given the level of disregard you've demonstrated for the law and the system, I doubt anyone is going to bend over backward for you, but only a local criminal defense attorney is going to be able to reliably answer this for you.

Don't count on things changing.
It's a warrant was issued for your failure to show up for the work few then you can expect to be arrested.
Since it is a low level offense and you apparently live in another county you might not be pickup up immediately. It might be a week or even a year before the warrant catches up to you. You can get ahead of it and turn yourself in. Get your affairs in order and expect to be away for a week to ten days. Go to the county sheriff and tell them you have a warrant. They will take it from there. At least this way you have some control over when the time is served.
Yes, it appears you owe a chunk of cash to the court. Look in to setting up a payment plan, otherwise failure to pay might lead to more problems for you.
Lesson learned here- it is easier and cheaper to follow the rules

Let me get this straight: First, you committed some crime. You were fortunate enough to get probation, but you got it revoked not once, not twice, but three times. And then, we you were fortunate enough to be allowed to do something called "work crew," in lieu of being tossed in jail or prison, you weren't "able to get there"?!?! Sigh...

What is "it"?

And what would this "something" be?

Well...I doubt the "something" to which you refers simply says "assessed $1,454" and nothing else. You've read it. We haven't, so if you want someone to offer an opinion, you're going to need to provide the relevant information (which may include quoting documents). That said, my guess is that you're going to need to pay the amount mentioned for court costs, administrative fees, etc.

Given the level of disregard you've demonstrated for the law and the system, I doubt anyone is going to bend over backward for you, but only a local criminal defense attorney is going to be able to reliably answer this for you.
Your aQUOTEing
It's a warrant was issued for your failure to show up for the work few then you can expect to be arrested.
Since it is a low level offense and you apparently live in another county you might not be pickup up immediately. It might be a week or even a year before the warrant catches up to you. You can get ahead of it and turn yourself in. Get your affairs in order and expect to be away for a week to ten days. Go to the county sheriff and tell them you have a warrant. They will take it from there. At least this way you have some control over when the time is served.
Yes, it appears you owe a chunk of cash to the court. Look in to setting up a payment plan, otherwise failure to pay might lead to more problems for you.
Your. A fucking. D

Your an ignorant fuck. If you can't give advice then don't bother trying next time dummy.

Apparently you were going for someone to wave a magic wand and make your problems go away?
If things happened as you describe you have two options
1. Do nothing and hope the warrant never catches up to you.
2. Turn yourself in and get it out of the way.

Since you have previous violations and some degree of an established record, your best option is likely to turn yourself in as I suggested above. You probably don't like that option, but it's probably your best one.

Your aQUOTEing

Your. A fucking. D

Your an ignorant fuck. If you can't give advice then don't bother trying next time dummy.

I think the only ignorant one on this thread is you. Is it not a fact that you violated probation three times? You stated that yourself. You got too many chances in my opinion. Suck it up buttercup.

Back