Wondering if I was wronged

Status
Not open for further replies.

grdlegal

I have a situation where I am not certain if a criminal act has been committed against me. This incident took place in Nashville, TN. I was rehired by a previous employer. I have an old felony conviction on my record that was fully disclosed during the pre-screening process during my first tenure with the company as well as this more recent tenure. The company had approved me for hire and I went to work in August of 2008. This weekend, an individual whom I have a pretty good idea of who it is and can prove who it was if needed, sent an email to the customer sight I was working on explaining them of my criminal past. The customer contacted my employer and I was immediately fired for having a felony conviction. My employer knew about my conviction and hired me knowing about it. I am not sure if the individual who sent the email could be arrested as malicious or intent to harm or if my employer did something wrong too, like discrimination or something else. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

Wrongful termination, since they knew about the conviction before head. The person who sent the e-mail did not do anything wrong since its not illegal to pass facts from one person to another, although i agree its was an inappropriate unneeded e-mail its not illegal. however the business can land in hot water for wrongful termination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back