Won Credit Card Dispute - Merchant can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings9798

I'll try and make this quick but state the facts.

IN 2010 my insurance changed from co-pay to deductible
In Dec 2009 I sent in a prescription the merchant acknowledges receipt. They did not process it until 1/7/10. Impact to me was $50 vs $229.73. I won in February a credit with my credit card company for $179.00. Now the merchant is asking me to pay the $179. Can the merchant demand payment from me? Do they have to deal with the Credit Card Company?

The issue is that the merchant is stating that the prescription received on 12/29 did not have enough info to process. They received another prescription two days earlier and processed fine. Yes I did receive the prescription but felt I was over-charged. Can the merchant come after me or since they did not dispute my dispute are they out of luck.

Thanks for reading.

I'll try and make this quick but state the facts.

IN 2010 my insurance changed from co-pay to deductible
In Dec 2009 I sent in a prescription the merchant acknowledges receipt. They did not process it until 1/7/10. Impact to me was $50 vs $229.73. I won in February a credit with my credit card company for $179.00. Now the merchant is asking me to pay the $179. Can the merchant demand payment from me?
Yes, they can demand. You should ignore them.

Do they have to deal with the Credit Card Company?

I don't know who they would have to contact to get payment. More than likely, their claim is against your insurer.

The issue is that the merchant is stating that the prescription received on 12/29 did not have enough info to process. They received another prescription two days earlier and processed fine. Yes I did receive the prescription but felt I was over-charged. Can the merchant come after me or since they did not dispute my dispute are they out of luck.

Anyone can sue anyone else. This is, America, the land of lawsuits and litigation. I doubt that they'll pursue you. But, if I were you, I'd get a new pharmacy to fulfill my future prescriptions. They'll figure out a way to get what they think is their money back from you!

I think they will continue to pursue me. CVS/Caremark is the pharmacy provider, but I guess my employer is the one who used to pay the cost less the co-pay. I do use Walgreens instead of CVS (Brick &Mortar) but if I have to do mail order then it will be CVS. I don't have a choice when it comes to that. If this goes to a collection agency I really don't want the ding on my credit report. I've disputed the charge all along with CVS, but they say I owe the full amount. SO when push comes to shove won't this end up on my credit report? Is there anything i can do to prevent that, less pay it. Thanks for your response.

I suggest you go back to your insurance company. Your insurance reflected a co-pay in December and that is when you purchased the prescription. Just because the pharmacy processed it in January should not matter. It may be that when the pharmacy processed your claim with the insurance, perhaps they used a January purchase date?

Ultimately you the consumer will be held liable for whatever your insurance does not pay. Check with your insurance and you will probably discover the problem is all due to a clerical error.

I don't think it is that easy as my employer is my insurance company CVS is just the administrator. My employer or I pay for everything. I agree with you on when the prescription was received in relation to when it was processed shouldn't matter, but the customer service and two steps up the manager chain has not helped.

I did get a response back from the Credit Card company and they told me to refer CVS to their merchant services. I guess I should try and find out who makes the decision at my employer. Thanks for responding. I guess time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back