will my boyfriend get in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

remmus975

If were to find out i was pregnant and my boyfriend was 23 and I am 17 almost 18. Would he be in trouble with the law since I am not 18. However we only agreed to be in a relationship since 17 is the legal age in Texas. MAIN question would he be in trouble with the law?

Yes, despite the common misperceptions, myths, and the inability of people to comprehend the truth; it's very simple: only an adult can agree to have intercourse with another adult in Texas.

The age of majority is 18. That doesn't mean, I'm almost 18, I'm 17, or I'll be 18 next week. It means you ARE 18, and you can agree to have sex with a person age 2,518 years old. You can have sex 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days each year, and 366 days ever leap year. Why you'd want to do that is your business. Unless you are 18, the state has made it society's business and the business of your guardians or parents.

If you are (or become) pregnant, that isn't necessary for a zealous prosecutor to pursue the 23 year old adult.

If you love him, agree to avoid each other until you turn 18.

It also means, yes, the one who SEXED you up and down could get in trouble.
Texas persecutors sometimes zealously pursue people with pigmentation, and address these issues for those without pigmentation differently.
I've assisted several lads being persecuted because of pigmentation.
Bottom line, don't risk it.
It'll ruin your life.
Here's the Texas (explained by a brother at the Texas Bar) law:

http://www.houstoncriminaldefender.com/2013/11/17-years-old-not-old-enough-to-consent-in-texas/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back