Will my actions negate my annuity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varxtis

I didn't know where to put this in, but I have an annuity/settlement and want to know how I find out information regarding terms or circumstances that may void or negate the annuity from going to beneficiary. For instance, if I die by suicide, will my annuity still go to my parents. I'm doing a lot better, but I have tried in the past, and these concerns just dawned on me within the past couple of weeks.
My annuity was granted out of a legal settlement when I was 5 yrs old, a malpractice suit against a hospital. The annuity grants me x amount when I turn X age.

So my question is, how do I obtain the information without concerning the insurance company?

Also, (this one should probably be under ethics or something) if I were to ask a lawyer this question, would he/she be bound by attorney/client privilege to keep silent while helping me get the information? Or would they be able to call the police?
please give more information then yes/no

1) Do you have a will?
2) Do you know ALL the terms of the annuity and how it might affected by your demise? You should have someone review it.
3) Please don't think about suicide... get some help and just do what you can to prepare for what affects all of us in good time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back