Will it be hard to contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanldu1

I was charged (G.S. 20-141(B) in Chatham County NC for driving 62 in a 45. I have a florida drivers license right now but will be here for more than the required amount of time to get a NC drivers license. I want to know if charged guilty how will that affect me? And how hard would it be to fight it if the officer was going the opposite way when he pulled me over.

The direction the officer was going has nothing to do with it if he was using radar. The officer does not have to be stationary, assuming he has modern equipment, which is likely.

If that is all you have, then you have probably a less than zero chance of beating the citation.

If you qualify (the court will tell you) take a traffic school class and keep this off your record. You will have to pay the fine plus the cost of traffic school. Just a random estimation... I bet you are looking at at least $300-400.

If you are thinking that you can get a NC license and ignore the citation on your FL license you are wrong. It will catch up to you and will ultimately cost more for failure to appear and additional fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back