Criminal Law Will I have problems in POE with misdemeanor charge 5 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viga

I was charge with a misdemeanor for shoplifting 5 years ago in Texas, I was there on a tourist visa, and had lived there for 5 years prior to the incident on an F1 visa while I studied in UT. I was charged, paid the fines I needed to and the case was closed but that record is still on my file. I sitll have my tourist visa from back then, my question is will I have problems at POE to enter the US with this showing up on my record? I did what I needed to do and the case is closed, the problem is that I don't know if I am inadmissible for entry in a tourist visa. I really need legal advice and maybe representation for this because I will need to travel to the US for work and family issues. Please help, this issue is very stressful as I need to plan future trips. Thanks.

Your best bet might be to talk to an immigration attorney though someone may come along here with some information for you.

Why worry about coming here?

No need to fret, just visit another nice country, there are at least 100-150 great countries besides the USA.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk

If you really need to come to the US though/don't have much choice for work & family issues, run it by an immigration attorney as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back