will I go to jail if I'm caught on camera stealing from a vitamin stor

caridine

My teenage daughter and I were shopping at a vitamin store and she stole an item. I was none the wiser since she tends to wander away when shopping. If they have her on camera what will happen? I signed up for a rewards card when i paid for my items So they have my cell number. So the store called me trying to say they wanted to interview her for a job to try to get us back to the store then when I said she wasn't here. he then proceeded to accuse me of stealing many items that were missing since he checked inventory and saw us near the shelf. I told him he was mistaken, then he said he has us on camera, I denied stealing anything, he blamed me and said he called the police and I'm going to jail and yelled at me in Hindu I think? So I hung up. What can I expect to happen?

My teenage daughter and I were shopping at a vitamin store and she stole an item. I was none the wiser since she tends to wander away when shopping. If they have her on camera what will happen? I signed up for a rewards card when i paid for my items So they have my cell number. So the store called me trying to say they wanted to interview her for a job to try to get us back to the store then when I said she wasn't here. he then proceeded to accuse me of stealing many items that were missing since he checked inventory and saw us near the shelf. I told him he was mistaken, then he said he has us on camera, I denied stealing anything, he blamed me and said he called the police and I'm going to jail and yelled at me in Hindu I think? So I hung up. What can I expect to happen?

People kill people on camera and nothing happens. If you're smart, stop communicating with the store. If the cops come, use your right to remain silent. You never convince anyone by yapping. Nothing you can do, but remain silent, plead not guilty if charged, ask for a lawyer, and hope CPS or DCFS doesn't get involved.
Whatever happens, silence is your best bet.

Do not do anything at time & cease talking to anyone at the store. If the police coming looking for you, use your right to remain silent & contact a lawyer & speak only to the lawyer. Also, stay out of that store.

I am a retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Expect nothing but prepare for anything. Unless you have a prior criminal record jail is not really an option. If contacted by Police you have ZERO obligation to answer any question and should not. I agree you should stay out of store. You "might" get a letter of Civil Demand if you do then you have a decision to make on whether or not to pay it. Here is more info on that http://www.parentnook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=3934 http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59980 In addition if the store subscribes to a retail theft database they could input your name making retail work very difficult

Back