Will I be arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz55

I have been living in another country for many years now and have not returned home since I left. I want to return to see my family, but I'm scared that I will be arrested at the airport because of an outstanding debt that's been pending all these years. This is the reason I have not gone back.

Can I be arrested upon arriving? I'm really scared about the possibility of this happening. I would be so grateful for any advice or knowledge that anyone can contribute regarding this situation I find myself in.

Where do you want to return to? And is there anything more to this story?

Most civilised countries don't arrest people simply for owing money.

more detail

Where do you want to return to? And is there anything more to this story?

Most civilised countries don't arrest people simply for owing money.

Thanks so much for replying dee_dub. Apologies for being so vague!

I want to return to the US. The amount is comparatively small (in relation, that is, to some of the debt stories I have read). I owe around $8,000. I intend to rectify the situation when I get there by contacting the company and making arrangements for a payment plan. There is nothing more to the story.

You have no worry at all about being arrested at the air port or anywhere else concerning a debt. If you didn't steal the money it is not a crime to owe money and not pay it. If it has been a long time settle for less than the whole amount. Good luck. Don't be afraid....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back