Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Will Charge drop off my record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraleigh

Hello

In 2009 I was caught shoplifting. I was 21 at the time and it was a stupid mistake. Amount came to probably $50 maybe $75.

Police were called, my information was taken but I was not arrested or fingerprinted. I had to pay a fine. On my record it comes up as Theft-Retail Forf. U, which I believe is a forfeiture or fine. It also states specifically that it is not a criminal offense (non-traffic violation).
Will this forfeiture come off my record in 5 years? Is this considered a FO?

I was also considering expungent, but I contacted the circuit court and I cannot expunge a forfeiture.

Thanks

I went to the wisconsin circuit court website under FAQ. I'd post the link but I can't.

Not sure I read it right, that's why i'm asking someone more knowledgeable about this.

Hello

In 2009 I was caught shoplifting. I was 21 at the time and it was a stupid mistake. Amount came to probably $50 maybe $75.

Police were called, my information was taken but I was not arrested or fingerprinted. I had to pay a fine. On my record it comes up as Theft-Retail Forf. U, which I believe is a forfeiture or fine. It also states specifically that it is not a criminal offense (non-traffic violation).
Will this forfeiture come off my record in 5 years? Is this considered a FO?

I was also considering expungent, but I contacted the circuit court and I cannot expunge a forfeiture.

Thanks

I went to the wisconsin circuit court website under FAQ. I'd post the link but I can't.

Not sure I read it right, that's why i'm asking someone more knowledgeable about this.

Okay, here is what "FO" means, in WI Court "speak":
FO - Non Traffic Ordinance Violation - a violation, unrelated to the operation of a motor vehicle, punishable by the forfeiture of money

The following cases remain avilable for 5 Years:

Traffic Forfeiture Cases (TR)

Non-Traffic Ordinance Violation Cases (FO)

Incarcerated Person Cases (IP)

This will appear on your record as a fine forfeiture, it is treated akin to a speeding citation. It isn't a crime, it seems to be decriminalzed in WI.

On the other side, it won't go away!

It is public information for about FIVE years.

Cases remain available as follows:

It isn't that bad.

Almost anyone could discover this offense/forfeiture.

Here take a peek at this:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/faqnonav.xsl;jsessionid=3C75D619BBC6F2CB43EF07FA0289CBD0.render6

Hi and Thanks for the reply.

I guess I don't really understand what you are trying to say. First you say it is available for 5 years. Then you say it won't go away. What i'm trying to ask I guess is that when future employers (say 6-10 years down the road) look at my record, will they see this? I'm afraid this will keep me from getting a job in the future as I don't want to be in the job i'm in now for much longer.

Will this come off my publie record at any point?

Hi and Thanks for the reply.

I guess I don't really understand what you are trying to say. First you say it is available for 5 years. Then you say it won't go away. What i'm trying to ask I guess is that when future employers (say 6-10 years down the road) look at my record, will they see this? I'm afraid this will keep me from getting a job in the future as I don't want to be in the job i'm in now for much longer.

Will this come off my publie record at any point?

If it never comes off, it is so minor most employers won't care.
You have committed not a crime, but a mere infraction.

Not to worry, it shoudl go away.

But, mistakes are sometime smade and some don't get purged.

I'll say you have a 90% chance that this own't affect you.

Now, go live your life and stop worrying.

If you wnat to test it, apply to a job you don't wnat to get and see what they say.
I'll bet they won't even notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back