Criminal Law will a 9 year old felony assualt conviction affect permanent residency renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashness

Hi my husband was given a felony assualt charge when he was 19 and served 6 months in county he is now 28 and a model citizen we have 3 kids and he is the soul provider for our home but his green card renewal is coming up in February of next year and I'm wondering if his renewal can be denied I also want to say that he has been a resident in ca since he was 3 will that count towards anything? Help please...

Hi my husband was given a felony assualt charge when he was 19 and served 6 months in county he is now 28 and a model citizen we have 3 kids and he is the soul provider for our home but his green card renewal is coming up in February of next year and I'm wondering if his renewal can be denied I also want to say that he has been a resident in ca since he was 3 will that count towards anything? Help please...

Who knows what the government bureaucrats will do?

This isn't a psychic site, hire an immigration lawyer.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Agree, have an immigration attorney with experience in criminal cases review the details of your husband's case & see what he/she thinks. It's best to have the attorney read all court records (if possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back