Wife lost fix it ticket & officer made mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

scared123

My wife received a tinted window ticket on my car on Nov 2008

Two weeks after receiving the citation she misplaced it.

She called for a duplicate and that's when they told her it's not in the system and to call back once a week. Which she did for about 8 months, we kept the names of all we spoke with every week, where they would always tell us - nope nothing in the system

In the meantime I bought a scraper and took the tint off.

She stopped calling the clerk in July 2009, after we returned the car as the lease ended.
The dealer check list shows no issues with the car.

Around two months after the return of the car we get a letter that the ticket was written with a wrong violation code by the officer which caused the 8 month delay, but is now corrected and in the system with a new court date.

After getting the correction notice and new date we called the clerk again and they said since there is no vehicle to get signed off, we have to see the judge...

My fear based on all my experiences with the "judicial" system, can she be put in jail for this when she appears? Yes she lost the ticket-honest mistake-but had the cop not written it wrong we could have rcvd a copy and been done before we returned the car...

Please don't worry. NO JUDGE is going to put anyone in jail for a single tint ticket. Just show up, explain the delay and that you took it off. He/she will likely throw your case out and say have a good day. Judges see so much crap they love cases that are really about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back