Whose insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappinmama

Hello. My 13 year old daughter was given an immunization for meningitis that she had never had before. After she was given the shot, she stood up, crossed the room and fainted hitting her head on the metal hinge of the door.

She gashed her head open down to the bone (about two inches across) which required six internal stitches and 12 external stitches. She also had damage to her lip requiring ten stitches. Additionally, she had dental problems with her canine tooth requiring a splint and weekly visits for the next six weeks.

My question is this - whose insurance is responsible for the expenses that have occured?

I thought it was an obvious question. My insurance paid for most of it, but there is about $450 left. Should the clinic's insurance cover any of this since it happened on their premises?

The fact that it happened on their premises does not automatically make them liable.

You can ask them to pay the balance but I doubt the law will require them to do so.

My husband and I both feel that they should since they knew that dizziness and fainting were possible side effects of the immunization and they were rushing her up to get to the next child.

You can feel it all you like and in your place I might feel the same. But that does not change the fact that no law makes them automatically liable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back