Who is at fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn42

I am a state employee that was on state property and I was hit by a state snow plow. I was facing uphill, on a snow covered and icy hill, completely stopped and stuck in traffic due to another car up ahead that was stuck in the road. I also had many cars backed up behind me. Then a huge snow plow FLEW down the hill on the opposite side of the road and sideswiped the rear end of my car. He is now saying that I was on his side of the road, and it was my fault!! I have 6 witnesses saying he was driving too fast. The road was very narrowed from all the snow, yet he still barrelled down. My insurance co. said they will fight this. Will I win?

I would like to add that he didn't stop and check on me. When I called the main operator, she told me that the guy who hit you said he couldn't stop but admits he hit you. I was then told to go to my work site and wait for the on grounds police. Soon after I was called because the on grounds police was out sick and could I wait a day or two, otherwise she would call a town police. I said I want a report today. The cop showed, had already talked to the plow guy, and said it will be a no fault ticket but I will get a verbal waning for being on his side of the road!! He never even witnessed the scene or talked to my 6 witnesses!!! He said it was up to me how to proceed. I said I'm not at fault, I'm not signing anything that says that I am. He said then no ticket and take it up with your insurance. Now I don't have a police report, but I filed an accident report, which the plow guy never did, and he was driving a state vehicle.

My mother said even if I was stuck in the road sideways, he should have never tried to pass and he is at fault? Is this true? Please help. Thank you!!!!

I live in CT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back