Where's the warranty I was promised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forgetit

I bought a used car from a dealer out of state. I was promised an extended warranty as part of the sale. The key sales point read "car is offered with the remaining full warrenty for approximately 18 months or 100000 miles whichever comes first."
But now (4months later) I'm told that they are unable to transfer the warranty and that I am just out of luck. They have said they will pay for a new wheel baring that was missed in the presale inspection but after that, too bad. This warranty was part of the reason I purchased this particular vehicle. I just want what was promised...
After four months of trying to get the guy I bought the car from to help me, I spoke with another agent. He told me that he had warned the first agent not to promise the warranty in this sale because it has to be transfered with the title and that can't be done with the used car dealer in the middle.
This dealer also sells extended warrenties but when I mentioned this, was told that they had already spent too much on the car and that those warranties are expensive. I advised him that the cost of selling the car is not my concern but only receiving the warranty I was promised.
Do I have any recourse in securing the promised warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back