Where will the small claims court serve the summons for a corporation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulite

Hi
Briefly - I live in DC. Business in NYC. I buy a product which I never receive. He agrees to refund. Sends me a check which bounces. Amount in question is $2500. Lets say company name is ABC Inc. They have a registered address. No Registered Agent. A friend of mine checked it out. It seems they have moved. Spoke on the telephone with landlord said they have moved.

Q. If I file a small claims against ABC Inc can a summons be served at the registered address even though physically they may not be there. Will it be deemed served?

Q. Since its registered as a corporation will the small claims court serve the summons at the registered address or to the Secy of State ?
(Available on DoS for NY. I can't seem to attach the link as am a new member with less than three posts)
If Secy of State then will my summons have been deemed served?

Thanks
:confused:

All you will get is a default judgment against the corp which is probably worthless unless the corp owns real property. I would say you are out of luck unless you may be able to get him on the bad check.

Thanks lwpat.

But will the notice be deemed as served?

Thats the first imp. step if I can't get it served I have no way of proceeding further.

Can I not get a lien on the bank accounts etc of the corp?
I know I have to figure out how to find that but nevertheless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back