Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Where can I find the laws governing violation of probation in NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APB_

I feel like a mouse in a maze. I can't seem to find out the laws governing violation of probation in the state of NC. My brother is in jail once again for using. He has never been a dealer. I am concerned for him because he will be treated just as a dealer (I feel they are more dangerous to society than a user). This is not my brother's first time violating probation. The last time he was sent to a rehab program for 90 days. He was under intensive probation - had to be home by 6:00 pm every day, took drug tests every week. He had 5 months of sobriety under his belt and then he was approached by a dealer at a store while gassing up his car. The dealer just gave him a rock. That was it for my brother. So now he is in jail waiting a trial date. I don't know if NC has a third strike law. I don't know what all the Schedules are. I would just like to understand the laws. Thanks for any light that may be shed on this subject.

I am sorry to hear about the tough times your brother is having. :( I'm guessing that in his sentencing there was a provision that stated what would happen if he violated his probation. What did your brother do that violated his probation? Was it a positive drug test?

Originally posted by APB
I feel like a mouse in a maze. I can't seem to find out the laws governing violation of probation in the state of NC. My brother is in jail once again for using. He has never been a dealer. I am concerned for him because he will be treated just as a dealer (I feel they are more dangerous to society than a user). This is not my brother's first time violating probation. The last time he was sent to a rehab program for 90 days. He was under intensive probation - had to be home by 6:00 pm every day, took drug tests every week. He had 5 months of sobriety under his belt and then he was approached by a dealer at a store while gassing up his car. The dealer just gave him a rock. That was it for my brother. So now he is in jail waiting a trial date. I don't know if NC has a third strike law. I don't know what all the Schedules are. I would just like to understand the laws. Thanks for any light that may be shed on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back