wheel fell off car

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellokitty1

i had a flat tire and took it to get fixed at a tire store. I left my car there in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon, drove downtown and had dinner. after dinner i was heading home down a hill when my wheel ( RIM and TIRE ) went flying off and my car crashed to the groung and skided about 4 car lengths. my car is messed up not sure the $$$ yet but the tire store said they would fix everything untill they found out i had been hurt. now they say it is in there insurance peoples hands but the wont tell me who this is or what their phone number is. what i do??? should i wait? get a lawyer??
has anyone heard of this happening before?? and do you know what the outcome was??:confused: :mad:

You may want to seek legal council. It is apparent by their willingness to repair your car that they were aware of their faults. They may have been able to do this out of a petty cash fund or pocket. When you bring personal injury into the picture, generally a larger dollar figure is involved. In this case, they may have been trying to avoid paying a deductible and inevitably higher insurance rates. Understandable enough...
Perhaps before you go jumping the gun and dishing out a retainer, just go talk to the owner of the company and ask what his intentions are and that you wish to settle upon agreeable terms and conditions. At the same time, pay close attention to the details in the conversation for future use.

good luck!
jM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back