Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft what would happen??

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxsarahbearxo

Hello, sooo i live in NY, and about 2 1/2 weeks ago i got caught stealing at a grocery store and was fined by the stores security 5x's the amount that i stole. i was taken into the office, and signed a paper, but they don't have any of my contact information. than told me i have ten days to pay my fine, but if i couldn't pay it within those ten days than i can just post-pone it until i can pay it. after i had the money, i went in to go and pay it, but no one was there each time when they said they would be. so i gave up and called them, no one answered and i left a message. it's been about a week and a half and i never got a phone call back. no police were involved, and the whole thing was taken care of by one security lady. i was wondering what would happen if i wasn't to pay the fine, especially since they do not have any way to contact me, and i obviously can not get to them? thanksss

They could approach you again next time your in store. Without your contact info there isnt much they can do. Normally the civil fine you speak of is sent via mail without your address I dont see how they can do that

That would depend on what info they have and if they filed a criminal report. Could they? Yes they could but its just a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back