1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

what type of law for me???

Discussion in 'Law School & Careers in Law' started by ppphilip, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppphilip

ppphilip Law Topic Starter New Member

What type of law could someone(myself) practice with an BS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, and four years experience in IT?

2. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

What kind of law interests you? Might be patent, copyright, (intellectual property), contracting, litigation... you should find the kind of work that interests you rather than trying to find a legal practice that matches your background... you might hate the work!

3. pilawman

pilawman New Member

Hey ppphilip,

Hopefully you've got a job by now, but with your background, you can do what I did and start a legal oriented online community. Looks like the folks at thelaw.com have done so as well. I can tell you that it's a lot more fun than billing hours. :cool:

4. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

Re: Re: what type of law for me???

ROFL... that's for sure. Our goal here was to build a community that would be in the pro bono vein where the input from experienced professionals could be convenient and the conversation generated highly beneficial. It is extremely gratifying too! :D