what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazzy

my job acusing me of stealing money tryin to get me to admit to something i didnt do so im suspended untill they investigate all they have right now is a paper of they sales an the voids an cancelations i did to many cancels so they think i stealing

Did you have a specific question?

It's not illegal to suspend you while they do an investigation.

yes my question is how can you accuse me of stealing with no video evidence an jus too many void sheet.they say i used the cancel button too many times.

Voids, cancelations etc which seem excessive compared to others is a "red flag" to theft. Now this doesn't mean you stole but is as stated "red flag". If your employer has a Los Prevention team or the like they can investigate to see if you really stole or not. they could find nothing but still terminate you on suspicion of theft. do not agree to or sign anything without looking a tit first. Keep in mind its legal to fire you for suspected theft. If they fire you for theft without proof that you can fight

It IS legal to fire for theft without proof. There is NO requirement that they have proof of theft before they can fire. Suspicion of theft IS a legal grounds for firing.

The OP is free to fight it because there is no law that says he can't, but he will have no legal grounds to do so. He should file for unemployment if fired. That's about it.

Agree with cbg. The employer is not a court of law - proof is not needed.

Smart employers don't even mention anything about suspicions of this or that.
They simply say, "I'll show you to the door. Your employment is terminated IMMEDIATELY, good luck and good bye!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back