Copyright what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleW

I have issued a couple notices to the offending domain holder, server admin, and domain registrar with no response other than an automated receipt of the complaint. The items taken from my site was my entire login screen including an exact copy/paste of my login source, css file, and all images. I paid for the custom built layout for $300+ USD. The site owner is from Singapore so chances of getting a reaction from him are pretty slim but the other two parties are from here in the states. As of writing this the login template has changed but the images are not shown but are still in a directory on the server. I know it is illegal to pose as an attorney of law since most service providers disregard DMCAs from average joes like myself but what about "representing" myself as my own attorney? But with that being said they will probably act the same and continue to do nothing at all. So my question is, what are my options?

You don't need to be an attorney to send a DMCA takedown letter.

How to write a DMCA takedown letter - this URL and article should help you with having your intellectual property taken down by US-based hosts.

With regard to the Singapore site, you're right - they may be blowing you off. But see whether they are hosted or connected with a US provider and send the takedown notice there - not just to the site owner. The hosting company will usually cut off the site owner's account unless they respond properly. Best of luck with this. DMCA takedowns are not always easy and let us know if you require further assistance.

I got a response finally from the host and "most" of the pictures where removed. The only thing that was left was a login button which to be honest aint a big deal. But when I went to go check his site was taken down probably from a larger scale DMCA that a buddy of mine did as well from ripping off an entire web based game engine. As of now he is back up but hosted in Russia from what I can see so we'll have some work to do now about that one since im not entirely sure about their copyright laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back