What Should I Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ori05

I work in the construction industry and I'm on a job where we are doing a demo of a whole floor of an office building. I was told when we started that all the wire that we take from the pipes was ours to keep. For 3 days I was pulling wire out of the pipes and was putting it all in dumpsters to take to the scrap yard to collect money from the copper. For 3 days we had our job site radio there so we can listen to music while we worked. One morning I arrived at the site and noticed that the radio was missing! I called my boss and told him that is was gone and he told me to look harder. I walked around the site and another company that was working nights on the job had a room with a chain on the door so no one can get in. The door had a large enough hole where I was able to peep in and see that there was 2 dumpsters in there with wire. I called my boss and told him what I had found and I jokingly suggested to kick down the door and see if our radio was in there and grab the radio if it was in there. He told me to kick a hole in the wall and grab the dumpsters. So I did! The radio was not there. One of our guys took it to another floor and never told us. Now I'm dealing with who kicked in the wall and took the dumpsters of wire. I'm on camera taking dumpsters full of wire out the building which is fine, but I was told after all of this happened that the scrap wire was supposed to go to the General Contractor who hired us. What should I do? I told the owner of my company that I have all the money I made from the scrap and I'm willing to return it to the proper person. I also told the owner of my company that I didn't kick in the wall and the dumpsters where out side the room when I arrived in the morning. Now I'm worried and just want this to all end. I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back