What now?

jusme22333

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
My fiancé was recently contacted by one of the jurors from his trial for armed bank robbery and arson. He was told by this man that after the judge sent them back to the jury room, following their being deadlocked for the second time, the judge came into the jury room and told them they were to find him guilty. This juror was one of 6 who were convinced of his innocence and who was threatened by the judge. The three men who did commit the crimes have given sworn affidavits stating that my fiancé was innocent. He also has a recorded statement from one of the prosecution witnesses stating that the DA's office bribed him to falsely testify against my fiance. He had never met him and did not know who he was until the DA pointed him out to him. In exchange his false testimony as a jail house snitch the DA's office dropped the charges of robbery and attempted murder against him. My fiancé has served 21 years of a 35 year sentence for something he did not do. The judge was removed from the bench this year and was under federal investigation for abuse of judicial power against minorities. He died six weeks ago. My fiancé's attorney died last year. I contacted the FBI, since they were investigating the judge, to let them know what the juror said and asked them how to get my fiancé released. They told me their job was investigate and prosecute the judge....What do I do now? Who do I talk to? How do I help my man get out of prison?......AND what about all the other people this judge sent to prison for something they didn't do?

Thank you adjusterjack. The Innocence Project only takes cases where DNA evidence will exonerate the wrongfully convicted. My fiancé contacted the Exoneration Project in September of last year and his application still has not been reviewed. He contacted The Center on Wrongful Convictions and The Equal Justice Initiative this year but has not heard from them either. I have contacted several criminal defense attorneys and each of them quoted me $50,000.00 or more to represent him.

My fiancé contacted the Exoneration Project in September of last year and his application still has not been reviewed. He contacted The Center on Wrongful Convictions and The Equal Justice Initiative this year but has not heard from them either.

I imagine that those agencies have thousands of applicants to examine.

How far is this juror willing to go in this matter?

Might try seeking a pardon or clemency from the Governor based on the Juror's testimony.

There's nothing to lose by trying it if it hasn't been tried already. Also doesn't cost anything and the form for it is right here:

http://www.recordclearing.org/wp-content/forms/Mississippi-Pardon-Application.pdf

Back