What is the statute of limitations in Kentucky for a civil suit against a county jail?

FUQ_KentuckyLaw

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
The Supreme Court has, in the past, ruled that the government must provide medical care for those whom it punishes by incarceration. "Deliberate indifference" by prison personnel to an inmate's serious illness or injury constitutes cruel and unusual punishment under the Eighth Amendment. And whether indifference consists of prison doctors in their response to prisoners' needs or guards in denying or delaying access to treatment or interfering with prescribed treatment, the inmates' constitutional rights are violated. Where the mistreatment is inadvertent or the result of negligence....after reading this, I was wondering about when I spent 12 days in jail over something that was dismissed and thrown out of court...I was legally prescribed and taking Suboxone for addiction, which is a disease. When I was in jail I was denied to see a doctor, I was denied my prescription meds, I was in severe withdrawal during my short jail stay. Is that legal?

Is that legal?

Apparently it's also a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act.

I was in severe withdrawal during my short jail stay.

You don't get money just because it happened. If you recovered with no ill effects after getting out, then your claim is probably not worth much, if anything.

To make a claim against whatever government entity operates the jail you have file a written claim within a very short period.

Wouldn't hurt to consult an attorney and review your options.

Addiction is a disease??? Interesting..... I've always thought becoming a addicit is a choice. Withdrawns from Suboxone is harder then withdrawns from most pain meds. Best way to stop is slowly tamper down and stop...

Back