Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct What is the procedure for filing a Civil Suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

HI Everyone:) I am wondering what is the procedure for filing a civil suit against the county I live in? And If anyone could refer a Criminal Lawyer that bases their fee on a Contingency Fee??? I would GREATLY Appreciateee any information any of you could offer:hugs: The Case would be dealing with Stalking and Harrassment
Also...one more question. If I had a complaint against the Commonwealth's Attorney of my County, and the State would be Virginia....who would I go too????? :confused: Thank You all very much for Your time:)

It sounds like you're confusing the two types of lawsuits...civil and criminal. You wouldn't normally hire a criminal lawyer to litigate a civil lawsuit. You would need to find a civil law attorney who may hear your case with a free consultation to decide if he'll take it, then fees are discussed. No lawyer takes a case on contigency without hearing the merits of the case. Look in the phone book and some lawyers list their areas of expertise. Have you filed charges with the police against the person/people stalking/harrassing you? That would be the first step. You really don't give enough detail in your post for anyone to help with more specific advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back