Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What is Partial immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilithb

My fiance was arrested Sept. 26th 2004 for home invasion, aggravated battery and then later in jail for aggravated robbery.
He was offered 61 days in DOC for testifying, which he agreed. He then was appointed an attorney by the court. After weeks of never seeing the attorney, he received a letter stating that his attorney had talked with the states attorney about him getting drug rehab or 2 yrs. Nothing was heard about it again until Dec. 20th at pre-trial, when his attorney said the states attorneys office was not interested in his information and was offering 4 yrs and told him he should have never talked to the feds before talking to a lawyer.
Since then he has received papers when he is to be taken back to court to testify against one of the men and then received papers from the federal agents stating that for his information he was offered 4 yrs and "partial " immunity . His lawyer has never come back to explain what it all means and he has to have this signed by Jan. 3erd. What does Partial immunity mean?
Thank you for your help

well, he better get his attorney back to explain things to him. You never should sign anything you don't completely understand. It is his attorney's job to explain things.

The government can offer immunity in exchange for testimony, actually once they offer immunity they can compel somone to testify. Immunity means that the government cannot prosecute or punish him. Partial immunity means that he will only receive immunity for some of the charges, not for all.

Thank you very much.

So far the attorney has not shown up. No matter how many calls I make and letters that my fiance has made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back