what is involved in "closing"a will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy_Tuton

My father was given property in the will of his common law wife, who passed in 1999. The will was probated in Fl.in the year 2000 yet has never "closed" and the property change hands. My father wanted me to have the property one day. He passed away a few months ago without a will. I do have a copy of the will leaving him the N.C. property and called the court in Fl.(where she lived) to find out the status. The clerk of the court said the will was deliquent. What does that mean? I have filed with the clerk of the court in N.C. to be estate administrator. What steps do I take to get the property moved to my father's estate short of hiring an attorney?

Help!

K.

Florida Probate of Will

My father was given property in the will of his common law wife, who passed in 1999. The will was probated in Fl.in the year 2000 yet has never "closed" and the property change hands. My father wanted me to have the property one day. He passed away a few months ago without a will. I do have a copy of the will leaving him the N.C. property and called the court in Fl.(where she lived) to find out the status. The clerk of the court said the will was deliquent. What does that mean? I have filed with the clerk of the court in N.C. to be estate administrator. What steps do I take to get the property moved to my father's estate short of hiring an attorney?

Call the clerk in Florida and have them forward you a copy of the file. You may have to send them a money order for the fee. Once you have that you can call them and ask your questions and they should be able to tell you what steps you need to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back