What if I don't pay a parking ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgfield

I was in Baltimore tonight, and parked on a street. I checked thoroughly and was sure my parking space was legal, but apparently I missed a sign that said "no stopping 8pm - 6am". So, I got a ticket.

What happens if I choose not to pay it? I live in Maryland but am rarely in Baltimore; what if a state trooper happens to pull me over? Would they care about a parking ticket issued by the city? Or would I be fine as long as I never enter Baltimore in my own car?

I was in Baltimore tonight, and parked on a street. I checked thoroughly and was sure my parking space was legal, but apparently I missed a sign that said "no stopping 8pm - 6am". So, I got a ticket.

What happens if I choose not to pay it? I live in Maryland but am rarely in Baltimore; what if a state trooper happens to pull me over? Would they care about a parking ticket issued by the city? Or would I be fine as long as I never enter Baltimore in my own car?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/bus...g/2009/04/excessive_parking_fines_and_la.html

If you dont pay then you will be charged a late fee every month, and one day you may find that your car has been towed due to the money owed. I would just pay the small fine.

Unpaid tickets usually will catch up to you when it comes time to renew the registration on your vehicle or renew your driver's license. They won't renew until the citation is settled. You won't be arrested and taken to jail over a parking ticket.
Not paying it will buy you some time, but in the end you will pay more in fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back