Business Contracts What Happens If a Dog Dies While I'm Walking It? (Dog Walking Business)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaCleveland

I'm interested in opening up a dog walking business, but am worried about what will happen in some freak occurrence. I mean, could the owners of the dog sue me if the dog somehow managed to break it's leash, run out into the middle of the road and get run over? Essentially speaking, what am asking is, what are all the legal things I need to know before I open a dog walking business?

Also, more importantly, what can I do to that would prevent someone from suing me in such a situation?

I'm interested in opening up a dog walking business, but am worried about what will happen in some freak occurrence. I mean, could the owners of the dog sue me if the dog somehow managed to break it's leash, run out into the middle of the road and get run over? Essentially speaking, what am asking is, what are all the legal things I need to know before I open a dog walking business?

Also, more importantly, what can I do to that would prevent someone from suing me in such a situation?

You can't prevent anyone from suing you.
No one can do that, with the exception of a few (statutorily exempted) government officials and government entities.
That said, you can obtain liability insurance.
Speak with a couple of insurance agents, and discuss what risks you wish to insure.
You'll most likely need some type of business liability policy.
You also need to be insured if the dog you're caring for bites another person, a child, or even another person's pet!
A good chat with an insurance agent should provide you with the types of policies available to assist in protecting you from the aforementioned events.

You can't prevent anyone from suing you.
No one can do that, with the exception of a few (statutorily exempted) government officials and government entities.
That said, you can obtain liability insurance.
Speak with a couple of insurance agents, and discuss what risks you wish to insure.
You'll most likely need some type of business liability policy.
You also need to be insured if the dog you're caring for bites another person, a child, or even another person's pet!
A good chat with an insurance agent should provide you with the types of policies available to assist in protecting you from the aforementioned events.

Thank you, I appreciate the response, it was very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back