Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant What evidence is required to charge someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tybothb

I was recently questioned by police about a burglary at a pharmacy. They told me they know I did it, but they only have heresay for evidence. Would they be trying to get a confession by saying they have 100% proof against me, cause they really don't? Wouldn't they have held me if they had enough? I wasn't even around there, and I know who might have done it. Its a small town and I was an outsider

Last edited:
I haven't addmitted and asked for an attorney. I can't afford one however. But they never said to stay in town or anything, so how would they bring up charges if they were to? Also my girlfriend is getting blamed, her family is trying to get her to just say it was me. And its all insane, what do I do now?

You will never know what evidence they actually have. Charges against you can be made at any time within the statute of limitations, and a warrant for your arrest may be issued. They have no obligation to arrest you on the spot, though the fact that you were not arrested suggests that they are still piecing it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back