Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication What does this mean?...Son given ticket....

Status
Not open for further replies.

calalily

I mistakenly believed the charges were dismissed on my son, (the lawyer said he would get them dismissed). Instead he got a ticket and fine, (yesterday). The charge was drug paraphenalia? What does receiving a ticket mean? Is that a misdemeanor and employers will see it on his record if they do a background check? (Texas) Thank you.

Yes, my son, the attorney, and his father attended. It was originally a higher charge I believe of possession but I am not sure. There was an issue of the police entering his apartment without permission looking for a runaway in the area. Long story. but my son kept asking them to leave and told them they didn't have permission to enter and they came on in any way. The minor/runaway stated the pot and pipe was his, not my son's. My son thought the kid was a neighborhood kid and he would come and play video games at my son's apartment. Anyway, the boy was outside the apartment and ran when he saw the cops and when he came to my son's apartment the cops pushed him into the apartment. Coereced my son with threats of charging him with a felony for harboring a runaway if he didn't sign permission for dogs to search. The lawyer said he could get charges dismissed but son got ticket and I'm not sure what that means. Thanks for answering!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back