Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse what does Roc screening mean?

ert1

My wifes ex-husband has been given multiple continuances for a pending case regarding the sale of methamphetamine and violating probation for a previous drug charge. These have all been for the (FSC) felony settlement conference part of the case. The information provided online via minute reports has usually shown the reasons for continuance as "time to retain private counsel", "time for further investigation", "client wants private counsel" etc. But the reason given for the current continuance is "continue for Roc screening". And yes "Roc" is the correct spelling.
Can someone please tell me what this means? myself and my wife are concerned that minimal punishment will be handed down and he will continue to use and sell drugs the same as before. It would be better for myself, my wife and my step-son if this man did some time in prison.

Why does it matter to you if he is the ex? If the child is in danger, then she needs to file for a modification of whatever custody order she currently has. Prison is never better for the child. It means little to no child support and less visitation, etc.

ROC screening: to allow time to determine if a restraining order is required

Restraining Order Center
Located at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Los Angeles, the Restraining Order Center (ROC) is a filing window and self-help assistance center developed to provide a centralized, convenient location for county residents who are filing Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs).

The ROC handles four types of restraining orders: civil harassment,
domestic violence, elder abuse and workplace violence. The
inception of the ROC eliminated the need for individuals to maneuver around the Stanley Mosk courthouse to multiple locations while attempting to file TROs, depending on which type of TRO they wanted. Many people who come to court to request restraining orders are quite vulnerable; therefore, creating a process and environment that minimizes obstacles while providing assistance is critical.
To make the filing process easier for litigants, self-help staff who can assist the litigants with their paperwork are also located in the ROC.

Although the Stanley Mosk Courthouse is the only courthouse with a Restraining Order Center, TROs can also be filed at many other courthouses throughout the county. Assistance in locating these courthouses can be found under the Abuse & Harassment section of the following webpage:

http://www.lacourt.org/selfhelp/selfhelp.aspx

Back