Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse What do I do?

S

Sara757

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
Hello.

I need advice on how to approach this situation.

So, I was with a friend (the driver) who made a minor traffic violation and we were pulled over. Well, we both had marijuana in the car. He had about a gram and I'm not sure how much I had on me, but it was not anything much bigger than a gram.

Anyway, the officer told us that he smelled it. He asked us to just be straight up with him and my friend and I weren't planning on lying to him, so we stepped out of the car after the driver admitted he had about a gram. Two other officers showed up and kept an eye on us while the officer who pulled us over searched the car. They asked if there was anything else in the car that they should know about to which I told him that there was the marijuana that was mine, as well as a grinder which they asked about later. My friend admitted to his gram of marijuana and a joint.

All in all, we were let go with citations and we're both facing charges of possession and paraphernalia. The officer said he put in the report that we were "well behaved" and told us he appreciated that we made things easy.

This is our first offense. We were pulled over in Arkansas and I would like to know what I should consider when thinking about whether I should plead guilty or not guilty when I go to court. If someone could give me any advice on what to expect, I'd just really appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks!

Always plead not guilty before you make any other decisions.
You are innocent until proven guilty b the government.
You need not explain, or say anything, as you also have the right to remain silent.
Plead not guilty, ask if you qualify for a public defender, and if you do, ask for one to appointed to represent you in the matter at hand.
Then, say nothing about this except to your lawyer.
Also, stay away from the other party until this matter has been adjudicated.
That also means do not call, email, text, communicate by carrier pigeon, by third party, smoke signal, or telepathically until this matter has been concluded.

Your first court appearance should be an arraignment which is basically just a formal presentation of the charges. You enter your plea at that time. Proceed Army Judge advised you.

Back