Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird25

Ok so my manager is suspecting me of theft, they say the amount stolen was 250 from the safe, their are only two other people who have codes to the safe including my manager and me. She said she printed out infomation from the safe and said that my code came up the most which means that I stole the money. The only problem is she just found out the the money was recently stolen because she randomly checked the safe. The money could have been stolen over months ago and no one would have know. And the dates that my code are shown up include days that I wasn't working so I think someone might have been using my code. Plus there are no security cameras to prove that I did it. Can I be charge without enough evidence and if I am what will have will it go on my record and will I go to jail, the amount was only $250.

As shrinkmaster said, chances are that the prosecutor will not bother with this potential case and bring charges. If your employer doesn't have any evidence that you or anyone else committed this alleged crime than it's just a waste of time for the government to start sending in police to investigate the theft of a small amount of money. I don't know whether you did or did not do it but best to say as little as possible. If what you say is true, then that's a point to raise to them in professing your innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back