what do i do now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekia2001

I purchased a vehicle from a dealer on 6/27/14. I signed a retail installment sales contract which lists the dealer as the seller and myself as the buyer. There is no contingency clause or right to cancel in the contract. A week after i purchased it they said they needed a paystub showing i was no longer on short term disability with my job. I have been on leave since may getting 70% of my normal pay. I disclosed this to the sales guy throughout the wholele process which started on june 8. They never indicated that it was a problem. I provided all my pay docs and they showed my short term income dealer said no problem.

July 14the they call and say I need to return the car or redo an application. I explained that I have a contract with them and they said that is contingent on financing.

July 15th I call my attorney generals office and explain everything to and attorney there. She asked me to fax over the contract. She calls me back a few hours later and says that it's a binding contract and they can't take the car back. The dealer is my finance company if they can't find a lender to assign the contract to.

What should I say to the dealer at this point? They want my husband and I to come in and talk to them. if i can avoid going back there then I will.

Should I just direct them to the attorney general? She told me that I can file a complaint if they continue to tell me to bring the car back. I just don't know what I should do when the manager from the dealer calls back.

File a complaint. Let the AG run interference for you. The dealer may not understand the law. If the AG told you that, it's the law in your state. We're fourth rate pikers compared to your state AG. Follow the instructions given. Why would you hesitate? I wouldn't. Is there some confusion about your disability or employment status?

I am not hesitant I guess I just don't know the right words to say to the dealer. When they call me tomorrow I will just advise them of what she said then call the AG office to file the complaint.

There shouldn't be any confusion with my disability because they have called my employer to verify when I am returning to work. Apparently the finance company won't accept the stubs showing disability but that's not my problem. I was upfront about everything and assured that it was all good.

I'm just glad I get to keep the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back