Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What could happen?

J

Just a question

Jurisdiction
California
what could someone be charged with and what would the penalties be if they were caught stealing from their job and using their company FedEx account to send the stolen goods? Keep in mind they have two petty theft priors. The first about 6 yrs old and the second about 2 yrs. thank you.

what could someone be charged with and what would the penalties be if they were caught stealing from their job and using their company FedEx account to send the stolen goods? Keep in mind they have two petty theft priors. The first about 6 yrs old and the second about 2 yrs. thank you.
I'm the one asking the question and wanted to add that the total of the items taken is over $1,000.

The person could be charged with violating criminal law(s), terminated, warned, asked to payback the value of the stolen goods and FedEx charges.

In some cases, nothing might happen, if the person were to stop stealing and scamming.

All of those are guesses.

I'm sure you guessed similar outcomes.

If the cops come around, do as this lawyer instructs:

The person could be charged with violating criminal law(s), terminated, warned, asked to payback the value of the stolen goods and FedEx charges.

In some cases, nothing might happen, if the person were to stop stealing and scamming.

All of those are guesses.

I'm sure you guessed similar outcomes.

If the cops come around, do as this lawyer instructs:

thanks for the reply. Do you thing the fact that they work for a university matters?

thanks for the reply. Do you thing the fact that they work for a university matters?

Hard to say, but government agencies are more prone to prosecuting law breakers. Many private employers hate scandal, and will simply terminate the person.

Just wait quietly, hoping it'll all blow over.

While waiting, tell the person to behave herself, himself.

Hard to say, but government agencies are more prone to prosecuting law breakers. Many private employers hate scandal, and will simply terminate the person.

Just wait quietly, hoping it'll all blow over.

While waiting, tell the person to behave herself, himself.
I appreciate it thanks again.

I appreciate it thanks again.

The person ALLEGED to have committed the things you asked about could be facing a couple felony theft charges, up to and concluding criminal conspiracy/enterprise.

I'm not sure how California classifies it.

I had a client in LA (university official) that got charged by the FEDS for stealing in excess of $400,000 over a three year period.

She ended up doing 12 months and 1 day in federal prison with two felony convictions. She was convicted along with a subordinate, not my client, who ended up with the same sentence.

Her lawyer and I did the best we could, but those ladies were caught with both hands and both feet in the university cookie jar with cookie crumbs all over their mouths.

The person ALLEGED to have committed the things you asked about could be facing a couple felony theft charges, up to and concluding criminal conspiracy/enterprise.

I'm not sure how California classifies it.

I had a client in LA (university official) that got charged by the FEDS for stealing in excess of $400,000 over a three year period.

She ended up doing 12 months and 1 day in federal prison with two felony convictions. She was convicted along with a subordinate, not my client, who ended up with the same sentence.

Her lawyer and I did the best we could, but those ladies were caught with both hands and both feet in the university cookie jar with cookie crumbs all over their mouths.
Thanks a lot for the reply. yeah this person is an admin in charge of ordering supplies. She over orders and sells these things online. again much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for the reply. yeah this person is an admin in charge of ordering supplies. She over orders and sells these things online. again much appreciated.

Sigh, that's exactly what my client and her accomplice did, too.

On the upside for her, I was able to save her retirement.

She drew her pension while sitting in a federal women's prison, and has drawn it ever since, less the 40% of it she was ordered to pay for restitution.

If the alleged perp is able to retire, I suggest he or she do so before the "feces" hits the fan!

Back