What can we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupidfamiy

:confused: About 7 years ago, due to a divorce, my emotionally unstable, 45+ year old sister and her two children moved back home to live with my older mother suffering from early Huntington's disease. Over the course of the last 5 years, my mother's condition worsened, and became a burdon to my sister, who refused any help from social workers or her other siblings.

My sister had decided to move my mother into a home in the summer of 2003, and for my mother to qualify for Medicare, she had my mother gift the house to her in Nov 02. The house at the time had a reverse mortgage with a balance of 80k. Since that time, my sister has twice refinanced the house for her personal benefit to the toon of $83,500.

What recourse or direction can the other siblings take, to ensure that the house is split up equally, as was my father's wish before he died, and that of my mothers, before she signed the house over to my sister. Keep in mind that my mother's state of mind has been poor for sometime, and is/was subject to manipulation to my aggressive sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back