what can they do to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardqueen

About a month back I had my car worked on by a store that is part of a national chain of tire companies. They did work on my car totalling about $550. When I went to pay for the services I pulled out my credit card that i have with that company, but because they were previously a privately owned shop bought by the larger chain they said their credit card machine was not able to process my creditcard and that i would have to drive to another location for them to run my credit card. I told them there was one across the street from where i worked and i could stop in after work. I went there and i was on my cell phone and not paying attention and the guy there ran my creditcard and i walked out not looking at my reciept. a few days later i looked at the reciept and noticed i had only been charged $150. I didn't really want to volounteer my money so i chose not to call and alert them of the problem. About a week later sure enough the store that i had the work done at noticed that i was not charged enough and called me. Do I have to pay this considering they mischarged me? Can they just bill my credit card? Is it likely they will do this or will other legal action be taken and if so what.

Yes, you have a contract with them: they did the work, you promised to pay for them. That they made a mistake in billing does not discharge you from your duty to pay. So if you don't pay, you would be breaching the contract and could be sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back