Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication what can i expect/do in court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan_G

i was issued an MIP in oregon. i was given a breathalyzer test 3 times, i don't know if that matters or not, but i thought it was strange how they kept giving me the test all within one or two minutes. on the ticket it says that the charge is under MIP- bl alcohol. anyways, i was wondering what my options are when i go to court. i've never got an MIP before, i have NO idea what to expect and what my penalties could be. can things like no previous violations, full time college student, and having a job make a difference? i don't live with my parents and i have to work to pay rent and bills. i'm over 18 and the only thing i care about is my license. i don't care about the fine or anything, although i don't want this on my record. i just don't want my license to be revoked. what will happen if i plead no contest? is 'guilty' the way to go?

any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Megan according to MIP ORG 471.430 the maximum penalty for first offense is $250 if you are 18 yrs old your driver license may get suspended for 1 year and if you are under 18 you will have to wait a year longer or more to get your driver license . I don't know why they gave you test 3 times ? In court you may plead guilty and try to make some deal with prosecutor by asking them if you can do community services instead of loosing your driver license . I don't know much about Oregon law . Hope this help you somewhat and good luck

thanks for the number of the MIP law, it was not readable on my ticket. i've researched it a little and if you dont show up in court it is mandatory that your license be suspended, so i guess i have a chance at keeping it. also, under ORS 807.240 there are hardship permits and licenses that you can get if your license is suspended allowing you to drive to certain places and such (limited driving) but how do i go about getting one issued?

if the judge suspends my license do i jump up immediately after and ask to be granted this hardship permit or is there paperwork i have to fill out? i know if have to proove i need one but how? i couldn't find much on the law other that they exist. a website would be helpful if anyone knows of one.

also, the law does say that the max fine for 1st offence is $250 but my ticket says $610!!!!!!! DAMN! =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back