What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiagolopes

Hello, I used to be a member of Gold's GYM member. I've been there once, because I realized as the days went by that it was too far away from my house, and I decided to cancel my membership. I've called several times, but I could never get in touch with the billing department. I've emailed them several times, and never got an answer. It's been 10 months now. I didn't want any problems, so I kept paying for it. In June, the credit card that was linked to the account had been stolen, and a new credit card was needed. I emailed the company with all the new information, and once again I never got a reply. Now, Gold's GYM has a partership with another gym called Fitness Connection. I've been receiving calls from that gym saying that I owed them 200 and some dollars for payments that did not go through. I told them that first of all I was never informed about the partnership and that all my information had been given to some other company, and secondly that I never got a call saying that the credit card linked with the account wasn't changed or updated. What am I supposed to do? It's not my fault that they didn't update the account, and also I was never informed that the payments were not going through. Thank You

I would send the check if they only asked for the months that they didn't get the money. But they want me to pay fees on top of it. It's not my fault that they didn't update the information. Also, they never got in contact with me.

Okey dokey.

They'll likely sue if you don't pay, and they'll likely win.

Look at the really fine print...

You signed a contract and are on the hook for the money. That contract also explains the proper procedure to cancel the membership if you no longer want to pay. Until you follow that specified procedure you can expect them to make collection attempts.

OP, if you want to pay their demands for tribute do so.
I'd also read my contract and learn HOW you cancel this contract.
Then do as the contract says, as that is the ONLY legal way to get out of these deals.

There is a real lesson in this, isn't there?

You betcha, don't sign up to long term, monthly contracts to anything except a car note, a house note, or a lease payment on a living abode.

If you don't pay, it is highly unlikely these creeps will sue you over $200 or $300.

BUT, they'll harass you, hound you, pester you as if you owed them millions.

If you're smart, read that contract and get the heck outta this deal as soon as you discover the legal way out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back